Orange and apple rockies - makes 24
225g self raising flour
1 eating apple
100g mixed dried fruit including apricots and nuts if liked
1 small orange
75g demerera sugar
2 tblsps milk
1. Put the flour in a bowl and rub in the margarine until it looks like breadcrumbs.
2. Peel and chop the apple, grate the rind of the orange and place them in the bowl.
3. Add the mixed fruit, apricots and nuts.
4. Add the sugar except 2 tblsp of the sugar.
5. Beat the egg and milk in a small bowl and stir into the flour with a wooden spoon.
6. Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet covered with baking parchment.
7. Sprinkle each rockie with the remaining sugar.
8. Bake in the oven at 190C for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
Enjoy your baking!